This week has been frustrating. The yesterday and today I had really bad pain--on the couch, crying out pain. Frustrated the doc didn't give me something for pain relief.
Got up and Googled myofascial release/trigger points late this afternoon. Found that there are trigger points for my troubled areas. So I followed instructions (from the LOOK feature at Amazon in a book) and massaged the trigger points in my lower abs.
Knock on wood, I feel a bit better. Went grocery shopping tonight, then watched TV, and the pain was much better.
It either works, or the resting helped (I've taken quite a few short naps in the past couple days) or it's mind over matter. I hope I feel this well tomorrow. I can still feel it, but it's not bad.
Diet has been fine. I have not turned to overeating, still counting calories and changing things around. I found the natural peanut butter and got some, and then also discovered PB2 which I've read about on the net for years--so I bought that, too! Cupboard has peanuts and almonds, but walnuts I left at the store--I never liked them, so will have to develop a taste for them.
I must say it's difficult adding fat back in. It's going to be a slow process for me, which is okay. Everything about this journey has been slow for me.
Have been extremely emotional the past couple days. Actually, to be blunt, I've cried a lot. Just overwhelmingly frustrated--I don't have a high tolerance for pain, I guess. Anyway, it's kind of funny--in the past I would have eaten. Can we say cookies, chocolate? I would have fed the frustration. Now? I'm actually *feeling* my emotions. It's not that I ever cried before, but I am really in the moment. I can't turn to food, I can't get my release from exercise, and the only thing left is to actually experience the feelings. I think that's actually a positive. Now I have to learn to deal with them in a better fashion. (Fighting with husband=not good.)
Life goes on, the sun will come up tomorrow, and I hopefully will be here. Pain or not, I will try to enjoy the day. I'm also going to try to get a workout in--but I'll take it easy.
hey jo, I can actually feel your frustration.
ReplyDeleteIs the doctor going to 'fix' this?
I think this is a quality of life issue.
I hope, hope, hope you feel better soon.
Good for you for not feeding your emotions-that isn't always easy-What did we ever do before google? haha
ReplyDeletesuch a big big nsv not turning to overeating and remaining with your feelings and embracing them even though they were ones of frazzle and frustration.
ReplyDeleteMiz.
You seem to be using your arsenal to keep you on track, despite some of the challenges you are goin through.. Kudos to you!
ReplyDeleteCheers,
Missa
LosingEthel
Jo, I sure do hope you fill better soon. Pain Sucks!
ReplyDeleteTraditional medicine always seems to forget options that more holistic approaches provide. I think there is room for both and I'm glad you've found some comfort in those other techniques. You've got obstacles that I can't even imagine yet you seem to stay strong. Very proud of you!
ReplyDelete((((Jo))))) sorry about the emotions babe. So proud of you for finding an alternative to give relief to the pain. Keep up your great work, and big strides girl..You're teaching me new things!
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteyoure doing awesome on all fronts! Im sorry the pain has continued :( Feel better!
ReplyDeleteHaving been "back on fat" for the past 2 weeks -I am actually LOVING it! I am so happy I finally did it. I have heard improvements in skin and hair are to follow! I hope so.
I'm so sorry you're going through this. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteI once had a case where we did myofascial release and reflexology.
ReplyDeleteVery good stuff.
I'm sorry you've been feeling so crummy, but glad you have found something to make you feel better. Keep up the good work, and don't worry about crying. It's just a natural release.
ReplyDelete{{hugs}} I am so sorry you are still having a lot of pain! Keep your chin up.
ReplyDeleteI don't know if you have already discovered this (because I am an absent blogger friend these days), but have you found out about the GLORY that is a FOAM ROLLER??
ReplyDeleteReally. They are a heavenly gift-
I feel for you during this time of pain, and I am impressed over your ability to stay out of the food trap.
You are so strong to feel so bad and not feed your emotions with food. I am not sure I could do it. I really hope you feel better soon. By the way, I am giving you the Happy Blogger award. Your blog is listed on my last post at funfitandfabulicious.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteFeel better soon!
Hi! I started a new blog to document my weight loss journey. Since I want to be brutally honest, I've kept it anonymous - therefore can't invite my friends to read it. I'm looking for some followers so I have a little support in this. Check out my blog if you'd like! :)
ReplyDelete