This picture was taken in the early 1980s, somewhere literally in the middle of Wyoming. I am a native of Wyoming, born in Laramie, and though I lived in Colorado at the time, I was visiting family. You can't tell, but I am wearing my cowboy boots. I was a wannabe cowgirl--that was completely normal attire to me. I ***want*** those legs back!I was in my upper teens here. I look at this photo and think...those legs, that butt! Wow. Those were size 28 Levis, 501s. The sad thing is I never knew I had a great body then.

This is me in 1987 at Christmas. I was 22. I was home visiting mom and dad. I think I was in the upper 130s here. I felt f-a-t. I would gladly take that body back, too. I sure wouldn't wear a crop top, though. lol This photo makes me smile because it brings back wonderful memories. I was in love at the time. It pained me to be apart from him at Christmas. All I talked about was him. Well, 23 years later, "him" can be found on my couch at this very moment, sound asleep. lol
Even though my lower half was "chunky," and I always think that when I see this photo, I still like the photo. So 80s, so me.
I was cleaning up a bit and I uncovered this spiral notebook. It was my weight loss journal when I reached the 160s. I had taken a few photos of myself in thinner days and one in my then-fat period and journaled a little, and was trying to inspire myself. I'm glad I came across it because it did inspire me.
Now I'm a 40-something, and bodies change, hips spread, but I just wonder what I will be like when I get where I'm going. I doubt seriously I'll ever have that teen-aged body again, but the 22-year-old body, along with some sagging, hip spread, gray hair, etc., I think may be very possible.
Gives me hope. =)
I wonder too..I know I will look better than I did as a teenager...because I work out more now and the quality of my food is one hundred times better.
ReplyDeleteHere's to getting our old bodies back.
One of my biggest fear is that as I look back on a lot of my photos, I don't appreciate my body in any of them. I'm scared that some day I'll look back at the body I presently hate and regret not liking it.
ReplyDeleteIrrational? Ya. probably. But honest.
Oh Jo!!! I cried seeing the pictures..You are absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I can't wait to see you at goal...So glad you uncovered and posted these. :)
ReplyDeleteI look way better now than as a teenager.
ReplyDeleteYou look so tall, especially in that first picture - what long legs.
And those jeans? So 80s, and I had a pair just like them :D
I love your post! I always feel the same when I look at old pictures and remember how I thought I looked horrible, fat, and ugly. Never did I know how good I really looked. LOL
ReplyDeleteGotta love the 80s clothes.
ReplyDeleteYou'll get there. I know you will.
It's so nice that you have pictures of yourself to motivate you!! I know you can do it. Really, age doesn't matter but willpower does!! :D
ReplyDeleteMy husband did a collage for my birthday. In the center, side by side are two photos: my high school graduation photo and a professional shot I had done when I was 35 (so basically 2X as old as the high school pic). Every single time people see it they remark that I look younger at 35! It's possible to look better. Some of us are like fine wine, we get better with age!!
ReplyDeleteYou can do it!!! It is amazing how we can look at photos and see things differently!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE WHAT LORI SAID (she yells :)) I do think we can look better than we ever did as teens because when we git there now our wisdom and selflove shineshines through.
ReplyDeleteHaha, the 80's were great, fashion was so crazy yet back then it was it! I love looking at pics of myself and my Mom, crazy! And well, sometimes in older age we look better I think and the hips might be wider, but they carry memories, children, etc.
ReplyDeleteAh, look at you and that number though, you are so moving in the "adoring myself" direction, your weightloss and dedication to exercise is simply breathtaking and you might not quite be the same as the pictures, but you might just end up looking better!!!!
I think I had those same jeans (lol)! I agree with Sheridan, you've come a long way. Despite your health issues, you've made a decision and stuck with it. You've focused on changing your health, your weight and your exercise habits. Everytime I read your blog, I come away motivated. It's for that very reason that I gave you an award on my blog. I hope you check it out.
ReplyDelete