A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

5.05.2010

Call Me

Last Friday when they cancelled my surgery, I was told to call this week and see if the results were in. Knowing full well that those results will probably take two weeks, I decided to call today, Wednesday, figuring they wouldn't be in, but following orders. I wish they would just call me--that seems most logical.

So I called. The person I was to speak to wasn't there. They took my name and number and told me they'd call right back. I waited. I waited all day long. I did not work out because I did not want to miss the call. (Who wants to be breathless and winded on the phone?) Now it is evening and hubby is watching TV, and I don't have oomph to work out. So damn it, I missed my workout because I chose to wait for the phone to ring. Sheesh, I sound like a desperate teenager.

Tomorrow I'm going about my day. If I miss the call, I miss it. Whatever. They can leave a message. My day is not going to be messed up again. I figure they just don't have the results. I am not going to call again until next week.

Note to self: Let's just not forget that I'm still in pain here--the doctor said I know you're having pain, but...so true. I agree, this is important, but there is something wrong that is causing me this stupid pain.

I'm getting tired, grumpy and, well, bitchy. I've tried to quit complaining so much. I reminded hubby today that yes, I'm still in pain, have it right now at this very second, but I just don't need to announce it all the time. (When I just wanted to scream go the hell away, pain!)

Tick, tock goes the clock. I'm waiting. Impatiently. However, my time is valuable, too, and by golly, I'm working out tomorrow and not worrying about the phone.

So there. :-p~~~~


~~~
And on a brighter note, I realized I had not put my current weight into Calorie King for awhile and updated that tonight. Wowser, I dropped about 50 calories. I'm already over about 60 for the day. Ouch. Must remember to keep that current!

~~~
And seriously, on a brighter note, I ordered three more Christi Taylor exercise DVDs today. I love Mary at Total Fitness DVD, but Fitnessfly.com had them much cheaper. Plus, I had a code for 10% off, so I got three for the price of the two I was going to order through Mary or elsewhere. (And that's with Mary's 10% off code, which is 10OFF) To get a code for Fitnessfly, just sign up for their newsletter and they give you a code. =)

As if I need any more DVDs...I'm addicted. What a nice thing to have an addiction to! Better than food any day! I just couldn't help it, Christi is so sweet and fun, she even says please during her videos. lol I just find her so delightful.

8 comments:

  1. You are an amazingly strong person...I can't even imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They should make Doctors do a residency in Customer Service. I get better service from Walmart and Target.

    Cheers,
    Missa
    LosingEthel

    ReplyDelete
  3. oy, a holes.
    Good idea to keep going about your day.
    Feel better and hang in there.
    Hugs.
    chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. So frustrating to wait all day for such an important call, putting everything else on hold, and then not getting it!

    You are a strong lady, Jo! I really hope they get their act together and get moving on this. You've been in pain for too long.

    Have fun with your DVDs. I agree-there are worse things to be addicted to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. People (even Doctors) don't get what it is like to be in pain every day. If they did, they would have more respect and understanding.

    I'm so sorry you are going through all this. I hope things work out well for you real soon.

    Now that being said... I think I must curse you because I just spent the last 1 1/2 hours on that web site you told me about. It's now marked in my favorite file because there is SOOOO much to read.

    I do think you and I would be best friends if we lived closer. Two crazy girls, both in pain, trying to lose weight and hooked on morbid things. We could drive by and see all these places they talk about on that site. LOL

    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. hoping hoping today is a better LESS PAIN DAY.
    wishing wishing I could git your love of dvds :)
    I tend to slack instead of doing the dvds as so far Ive only found a few i like.

    I need to explore that site...

    Miz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry they didn't call. :( Hugs

    The DVD's sound really good. I'm going to have the check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope they call soon. I would also mention that to the dr when I go back.

    ReplyDelete