Day 3, Wednesday, over calories 300--again. Do I need to hone in on that, but cravings and cold--I don't know what it is. My stomach growls. Stopped and bought shredded carrots and cottage cheese for a healthier snack--carbs and protein, filling.
Workout: I did the workout in the video. Did not do jump squats. Instead I watched a cute young guy bring his girlfriend into the gym and bless his heart he took the 100# plates off the leg press so she could use it. So when I was done with my workout, I hit the Gravitron and did pullups, chin ups and then I went and did leg presses. 90#. I could have gone heavier, but was thrilled to actually be able to use the press.
I did not feel anything in my lower body until I went to bed last night. My legs were on fire! My upper body was on fire when I left the gym! So I'd call it a very good workout!
Took Ambien generic last night, went to bed, and didn't sleep. Was saddened about that; however, once I did fall asleep, I slept through the night! First time in ages that I've done that. I got about six solid hours of sleep--that's a record for me. WOOT.
Karate tonight, I'm also going to go look over my DVDs and do a cardio DVD. I haven't done one in a very long time. I've been walking. I will walk on the treadmill as well, because it's my meditation time, but I think I'll move in a different way.
Still debating the antidepressant. Need to decide soon! Awaiting results of Vitamin D test.
Felt much better yesterday except I couldn't get myself to the gym. It took two hours from the time I was going to go until I got my butt out the door. I don't know what's up with that. However, I celebrate because I did get my butt out the door and did what needed to be done.
Need to work on a schedule for the home. I need to pencil in workouts, chores, etc. so I'm just not floating around. Right now I'm sitting in front of my light box and surfing a bit--what a guilty pleasure that is! I need to be more organized, though. It would help if I had a good routine. I don't have a lot of energy in the mornings--never have, even when I have slept well. So need to get something figured out.
Aside from 300 over calories, day 3 was a good day. Today I'll try my hardest to get back to 1500 calories. That's what works for me, gotta get there. I want the rest of this weight off.
Hey Jo, looks good...I just read a blog post about how sleep contributes to a hungry feeling in the brain..I'll link to the article tonight. It's not hard to go over by 300 calories. Especially with as hard as you have been working out...I think having an accountability partner would be a good thing. Would it be okay if I checked in with you nightly. Telling someone is a good idea..or maybe I could just post it on my blog. Have a great day.
ReplyDeleteI welcome that muscle burn feeling even though I don't like the soreness that follows days after...I still think that "no pain, no gain" means something.
ReplyDelete