A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

5.25.2014

May 24, 2014

Today was better.   No workout, but we weren't home most the day.  My son wanted to try Chipotle, so we all drove to the big city and had some (900 calories of burrito heaven that sufficed as lunch and dinner!!!), we walked until I about dropped.

Hubby bought me a new pair of shoes.   He walked by and said, "Those are you."  And they are, I'm very patriotic, and it's red, white and blue--stars and stripes.  These are my new gym shoes.  Since I don't treadmill or do any cardio on my feet, these will work just fine.  I do love them!

I got to thinking about friendships today as we were driving back.  Twice this week I've reached out to good friends to share my woes and ask for advice.  Twice I've been let down with not only their responses, but the way they responded.  I am usually the type to stay quiet, not complaining too much to *most* (not all) people and I've found when I need help, they don't like it.  I find it amazing, because they can complain about something as minor as a hang nail as if it's the end of the world.  Yet something so troubling to me, I'm not only blown off, but told to get a hold of myself--or worse.

One of the friendships, I decided was important enough to talk it through--and we did.  The other? I just decided to let it go, back off.  I care, I always will, but at this stage in life, I need to care about me more. If I ask for help and get yelled at, that's just not a good thing.  I wouldn't do that to a friend, ever.  And so it goes.

This morning before we left, I spent a couple hours de-stressing, watching You Tube fitness videos and reading my weight lifting books.  My stress melted away.  Getting out of the house helped a lot, too.  I think I have a fresh, new perspective and am ready to face things head on.

I have a date with myself for the gym tomorrow, my goals set for the day, and I even ran to the good grocery store before it closed tonight to buy my protein for the week.  They are closed on Sundays and they'll be closed this Monday, too.  So I planned ahead for that. Tomorrow is training day, homework and food prep.

It's all good.  

Never, ever give up.  


4 comments:

  1. You are sounding much more positive today. I'm glad you are having a better day. I'm sorry your friends weren't supportive of you when you needed them.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Chipotle. LOVE. Nice shoes, Jo!
    About those friends--How they reacted is unfortunate, but it certainly isn't a reflection of you--it's them. Great move in evaluating each and deciding how to handle. Great post, Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your friends but glad you talked to the one. I've found sometimes just turning to my blog and the wonderful folks here have helped me far more than the people in my "real" life. Loved your shoes :) You know they say chuck taylors are one of powerlifters favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. According to fitness instructors, the best ways to prevent overtraining, which is often resulted in muscles soreness, is proper nutrition and switching the types of your activities. I have been searching for related articles and find a lot of good advices and professional expertise at http://bit.ly/Rsiolr

    ReplyDelete