Epic fail.
That's all I got.
Weekends are not good for me, highly stressful. Will give it all I got to get through it.
Lots of pain in legs and feet. I'm so tired of it, not willing to accept it, but I need to. It has not gotten better, only worse. Two years now. It is what it is.
Onward and upward.
Sincerely hope your pain subsides soon. There's positives to be found even in this perceived fail, Jo. "Will give it all I got" and "Onward and upward" are not quotes from someone who's thrown in the towel. You're a fighter and it shows. And the fact that you're posting something, anything--says you're staying connected instead of retreating into isolation and further depression. Hold on, Jo. You're far from a "fail" of any proportion on any one day. You're dealing with circumstances and afflictions that send most people further down, but not you, You're a fighter Jo and no matter what stress level this weekend produces, I hope you'll take a moment or two and realize, your best days are yet to come. Strength, my friend. Okay?
ReplyDeleteSean said it all.. But not as a nurse, but as a sufferer of pain I recommend a few things. One meal at a time. Food is the problem and I use good choices to try to turn a screw up weekend around. I feel safe when I'm weekend-struggling to have a Wendy's salad or Chick fil a salad for one meal. It's fresh and healthy and actually can inspire you to keep it going for the rest of the day. A good greek yogurt with fruit too. Pain wise I've had some too lately. Crippling pain. Epsom salt bath =soaks. seriously. Also, sometimes multivitamins, magnesium, calcium can be helpful with achiness. I was so desperate that I rubbed Bengay on my back and it actually really helped..it smelled but it helped. HANG HANG in there. Sean is right. By posting you are not giving in to the all or nothing tendency that really makes the weekends a fail.
ReplyDeleteSean--thank you. You always just make me smile. :)
ReplyDeletePJ--I live on magnesium. I do the epsom salt baths, I take 800 mg of magnesium glycinate a day (okayed by my doc), and I also use Morton's Epsom salt lotion. I take many supplements, all approved by my doc (who is into that kind of thing). Thank you for sharing. I'm very sorry to hear you're having pain issues. May you have fast healing!