A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

2.26.2009

Lean Cuisine's Mac and Cheese

One word: Yuck.

6 points of chemical-tasting food. From my first bite to my last, it tasted like I was eating a science experiment.

Not worth it for me. Will work on a homemade recipe.

I have often wondered how many overweight people out here love mac and cheese. It's always available at buffets, it's a huge seller at grocery stores. When our homeschool group toured one of our local grocery stores, they told us it was one of their highest sellers. Who knew? Me, because I love it. (Probably one reason I'm fat!)

DH hates it. DS will eat it on occasion.

So I'm off to scour some healthier recipes or make my own.

I do like to freeze food, and I wonder if I cook the mac al dente if it would freeze well.

My hubby asked me if I was ready to give mac and cheese up. I told him no way, it's one of my favorite things. What I need to do is find a healthier recipe and learn to eat in small quantities. Dare I admit that I can and have eaten an entire box of Kraft in one sitting? I need to learn it's a side dish, not a main dish. And a half a cup of it savored is better than an entire box.

1 comment:

  1. I've been on a similar search, too. I've tried a WW recipe (yuck!) and a light Taste of Home recipe (only so-so). If you come up with something good, I hope you'll post the recipe!

    BTW, my husband doesn't eat mac & cheese either.

    ReplyDelete