As I read weight loss blogs, I am beginning to see many commonalities.
Many have anxiety issues. Many do not want any attention drawn to themselves. Many use food as comfort.
I fit all three, which is probably why I've seen that in other bloggers.
I don't want attention drawn to myself whatsoever. I had a small wedding on purpose. I like to be in things, but on the side.
My favorite place to be is in my home. I'm a hermit by choice, although I'm not quite a hermit.
I have not told a single soul I know about this blog, other than my son and husband. I have not told anyone that I am on Weight Watchers again. I don't want the attention drawn to me, I don't want the lectures that I get from everyone--the lectures basically are that I should do what they tell me, what suits them, with no open mindedness to see that I need this journey to be my way.
After listening to the lectures, I get emotional and want to eat.
The anxiety? I've got no answers for that one.
It makes me feel so much less alone, learning there are others that share my struggles. It makes me feel less weak. I shouldn't feel weak at all, because we're all different, but I think that's a societal interpretation that I have accepted.
Bottom line is this: Strangers, who have become friends, have helped me in this journey far more than the people that love me, except for my hubby and son. I have found common bonds with strangers/now friends that fill a need I have not fulfilled in real life.
This blogging business is good therapy.
I totally agree!! I myself find it odd that our family, the ones we love, seem to support us the least. You are not alone my friend. All we can do is keep on trying our hardest!!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I know exactly what you mean. Thank goodness for this wonderful community!
ReplyDeleteOnly a few people know about my diet and only two know about my blog. Been there all too often when people make stupid comments/put me down (intentionally or otherwise) which all too often would send me into a spiral of self-loathing, despair and massive food comforting!
Thank YOU for being there for the rest of us!
darn tootin'...We's good for sumthin'..LOL..Hey Jo..I'm in your corner rooting on your efforts, and triumphs..You are an amazing gift to all that come across this blog..Now..treat this gift I found as a precious gift..Her light is shining and people are being drawn to her. let her continue to shine and show the world what a precious gift she is!
ReplyDeleteIt IS good therapy! That is why I love the blogging community. People are more open and considerate. I am always excited when I find someone new I can relate to, like you! :)
ReplyDeleteI hate that trying to be healthy brings so much negative and unwanted attention. I don't mind attention, but I don't want people constantly commenting on my weight loss, what I am eating, and what I look like! It's just kind of... rude!
Amen to that. I could not do this with the support of the blog community. It is amazing what they do. Its the best therapy ever :D
ReplyDeleteI feel the same about all three points. :( I'm 21 and I live like a hermit. :( I don't want to stay in all the time but I don't feel comfortable going out. Only two people know about my blog (my mam and my flatmate) but I won't let my flatmate read it. Shes skinny.
I never told anyone (except my husband) when I joined weight watchers. Too many vultures waiting to see if I fail. I didn't tell until people started to notice the weight loss and asked about it.
ReplyDeleteI kept my face off my blog for a long time, since you never know who's reading.
We had a small wedding, too! I wanted to elope, but my husband wanted a wedding. I always tell people that we had the wedding of the groom's dreams, lol.