A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

4.06.2009

A Fun Day

We had a fun day today. At 9 am I got an email our loan was approved and what time could we come sign the papers and pick up our car. At noon my husband came home, offered to take us out to lunch. I declined and had my tuna sandwich. Stopped and got our insurance papers, and we picked up the new car.

Every car needs a name, right? I thought all cars were female, but apparently this is male. His name is Jack. lol I call him Burb for short.

We drove around for and hour, and Jack really loves gas. We knew he would, so he'll be used mainly for our trips with the dogs and not running around town.

Came home, made a lovely dinner, walked the dogs in the freezing cold--hey, it's April, warm up for Pete's sake!!! Then my son and I decided we wanted an ice cream cone from McDonald's. I had points for it, and we drove the new car (breaking our no-errands rule already!) and sat down and really enjoyed our cones.

It was a great day. I was almost as excited about my loss as I was the new-to-us car.

3 comments:

  1. congrats on the new car! (and thank you for the compliment on my blog..you are a sweetheart)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...I call him Burb for short...Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new car! I love new car smell.
    We have a big diesel truck named Ellie May after the chick on Beverly Hillbillies because we have so many critters. The miniature van is called Mini May. Kind of like mini me but not. hahaha
    Enjoy the car!

    ReplyDelete