A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

4.22.2009

Kicked My Butt

I did Richard Simmons' Sweat 'n Shout, also known as Sweatin' to the Oldies 4.

Why, I have no idea, but this was the hardest video for me. I was pouring sweat. The last two songs I marched in place with my arms down rather than doing the moves.

Anyone who knows Richard's videos, is this one harder to you? Or was it just my body saying NOOOO. lol

I look forward to the day that I can finish it. What a great way to measure success. For now I'll keep plugging away, doing what I can in a healthful manner.

I have exercised five days in a row. Not my 20-minute Blast Off tapes, not walking the dog (which has lots of starts and stops as he's a puppy and being trained), hour-long exercise videos. Woo-hoo.

I know I have to exercise daily for the rest of my life. My life depends on it, my health depends on it. It makes me feel good, and I actually, cough, sputter, enjoy it. I always have. It was just getting myself to do it.

I'm going to stick with Richard Simmons videos for awhile. I like him. I have over 20 videos, and I'm still waiting for my QVC order to replace my Sweatin' series with DVDs and add two more new DVDs to the mix. I like Richard. He motivates me. His music is great. He's fun. I know it time I'll need to vary things, but right now I'm good.

I also know I need to add some strength training in. I wanted to take a week or two and get used to doing cardio now. And face it, when you weigh 264 pounds and are doing leg and arm lifts, you ARE doing weigh lifting. lol

Here's a quote from my goals page:

exercise 20 minute 3-4 times a week
exercise 20 minutes 6 times a week
exercise 60 minutes 3-4 times a week
exercise 60 minutes 6 times a week



Now, I have blown the first two out of the water. I will continue. I thought I would have to build up to 60 minutes a day. Not so. I do a Richard video, and if I get tired or it's too much, I drop arms and march in place. I really haven't had to do that much until today. I can already feel my legs getting tighter. My quads are showing. Not ripped, but they're not jelly anymore when touched.

I'm psyched. I don't like the time it takes away from school. However, my DS works on his assignments at the kitchen table while I'm working out. So far it's working for both of us.

I'm happy. I'm pleased with myself. I'm proud of myself.

10 comments:

  1. I haven't done Richard Simmons videos in years! But I always liked them. I'm going to have to look and see if I still have my old tapes.

    Congrats on all the fabulous workouts you are getting in! That is fantastic and you are really making progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one but it has been forever since I have done it. I use the Dance your pants off one, and I can barely get through 3 songs and I have to quit. I admire you, you are rocking it!! And I am proud of you as well, keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see from your post couple of days ago that you DANCING YOUR ASS OFF. Those pants were so baggy! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wtg..so proud of you..you're just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You SHOULD be proud of yourself. You're doing great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so proud of you too! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to have to try those tapes. I have heard so many good things about them. I thought I seen one at the library the other day. You are doing so great. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweat and Shout is my least favorite video. I think it is because I am unfamiliar with most of the songs. I like the videos better if I can sing along, even if it's only in my head. My favorites are Groovin in the House, Disco Sweat, Broadway Sweat and Sweatin' 3. They kick my ass, but at least I enjoy myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could not be any happier for you missus! Your enthusiasm for exercise is super infectious! I love it. Kudos on achieving your goals.

    hmmmm.mm people seem to be loving the Richard Simmons stuff. I might give it a try.

    ReplyDelete