A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

5.22.2009

Shirt-Soaking NSV

One month ago today, I wrote this in my exercise journal:

April 22
Sweat and Shout Also Called Sweatin' to the Oldies
4

This KICKED my butt, way too hard for me at this point!


I remembered I had only attempted this video once because I thought I would die. I dropped my arms and marched in place through quite a bit of it.

Today I challenged myself and put Sweatin' to the Oldies 4 in.

I sweat a lot. In fact, my shirt is soaked! I love that part! By golly, I did it. The whole thing. No dropping of the arms, no marching in place, I did the whole thing.

Now I might not have been that graceful, but I am just so psyched! It is amazing to me how fast my fitness is building!

The whole time I was working out, I never once had the thoughts, "When is this going to be over? How many songs left? I'm going to die! I can't do this! $&*(%!!!!" (expletives deleted.)

I am proud!

I also stink. Time to hit the shower!

14 comments:

  1. Way to go!!!!! I think that's the thing with exercise it really makes you feel empowered and that's what we all need to feel. I'm so happy for you and proud of ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey WTG! What a mile stone for you.
    I hate to sweat. I don't think I'll ever get over that. I hate to be hot. LOL So, High Five to you!!!!!!

    As for the graceful part, that may take a lil longer to come by. LOL
    Glad you were able to make it through the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know you've had a good workout when you get to the stinkin' part ;) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippeeee damned skippeeeee!! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

    can you hear me now?

    yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really were sweatin to the oldies. :-) Good for you!!! You're getting stronger. Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really is amazing how quickly we progress! That's what makes this fun! Our bodies WANT to work!

    Well done!

    Ps. I did the first part of the estrogen post yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't wonderful to see your progress! I am inspired by your determination to push through it. Awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's fantastic! Isn't that great after just a month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What excellent progress - well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is amazing!!!! I love seeing progress :)
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a Simmons tape---- Disco Sweat (so corny!) that I can't make it even half way through.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay you!!!! I think I have some sweating tapes...I think I'll look for them!

    ReplyDelete