I am proud to announce that today, I got 6 servings of veggies.
I had two huge salads, one for lunch and one as an after-dinner snack. Both were romaine lettuce salads with a minute amount of cabbage, and I added shredded carrots to each.
Yes, I know it isn't varied, but by golly, I did it! And I actually enjoyed it.
Shhh, I didn't say that.
It's a start. In February I wouldn't eat romaine lettuce, so maybe in the next three months of my journey, I'll add another vegetable. lol
I am a salad fanatic I just began adding cherry tomatoes & baby carrots to my salads I will have to try some romaine lettuce next time I go to the store. Is there a big difference from iceberg lettuce ?
ReplyDeleteIt's always nice to start eating more veggies in summer, when you actually feel like salads... Then by winter you'll have more confidence to eat veggies in different ways.
ReplyDeleteI'm proud of you! Well done! Try adding one thing at a time to your salads - cherry tomatoes, green onion or chives, chopped red bell pepper, sliced mushroom, avocado, sprouts, celery - the list is endless! - until you have a good variety going.
You may also want to try green smoothies - a very good way of getting more greens in. Visit http://www.greenforlife.com/ode.htm for more info. It will transform your life!
Romaine lettuce is more nutritious than iceberg. A lot of people say iceberg lettuce has NO nutrient value, but that is not true. However, the greener the lettuce, the more nutrients, so romaine is a good way to go. Plus, it tastes great!
Good for you! I am proud of you. One veggie at a time, you have come a long way in you quest to add more veggies! Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteAwesome..........just think of all the new food you GET to try!
ReplyDeleteBaby steps. It's taken me along time to like romaine lettuce. It's all about what your used to.
Have a geat day
(((((jo))))))
ReplyDeleteyou're doing great and richard would be proud
Way to go on the veggies. Since I don't eat any raw veggies I feel like I don't get mine in like I should. I envy you that you enjoy salad.
ReplyDeleteyay!
ReplyDeleteGood for you! (In more ways than one)
ReplyDelete