This makes 4 today...good grief, that's a lot.
I need some ideas, please. Tomorrow I'm going to the video store and plan on renting some good chick flicks. Now faced with the opportunity to do so, a weekend in bed with nothing else to do besides sleep, I can't seem to think of any to rent!
The first thing I will watch is one I own: The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio, which is hands down my favorite movie. A mother in the 50s, 10 children, alcoholic husband--a tough life, but she has a spirit that is amazing. This movie, and the book, was my first exposure to a truly positive mentality. The book and movie both inspired me to be a better mother. That's a must.
Driving Miss Daisy. Another favorite of mine which I hope to rent.
So, what's your favorite movie? I would really like to go armed with a list, because I usually wander aimlessly and nothing piques my interest. Doesn't even need to be a chick flick, I just want some good movies.
I also plan to snuggle up with some good books: You on a Diet--again. I need to be recharged. Beck's Diet Book, one of my pre-diabetes books will be on the table, too. Don't laugh, but I love to read these kinds of books.
I may just sleep a lot, I don't know. Some good movies would sure be nice, though. If you lurk, de-lurk and give me your favorite movie, please. =)
Thanks!
I just saw confessions of a shopaholic. I thought that was cute. Too bad the proposal isn't out yet. That one was really cute!
ReplyDeleteoh i like
ReplyDelete50 first dates
legally blonde series
sweet home alabama
i'll see if I can think of some more!
ooowww...
ReplyDeleteHope floats is one of my favorites, was just thinking of that one today. And you can't beat Harry Connick JR being in it. :)
Just say New in town... with Renee Z and oh yeah... Harry... do I see a pattern emerging. hehehehe!! I too recently saw shopaholic... liked it, it was cute. uuummmm... I also really like What women want. :) Mama Mia... Have you seen that! It'll make you rock and roll in bed and singing is good exercise that takes no effort... oh wait... ok maybe no sining and rocking and rolling for you... but you could Hum. :) I like old movies too when i'm sick. my fair lady, Casablanca, and affiar to remember... any of them and all of them are chicky chick for sure. I'm hoping to see Knowing (new release) this weekend with Nicholas cage... speaking of him... family man is an EXCELLENT movie. :)
Good luck with the surgery. Take care of you and enjoy your time off... just be sure to start moving around when the Dr tells you to (ONLY when he tells you to)... from experience, it's key to getting back to health when you've been ripped open. :)
ok... i can't spell worth crap today. :) LOL
ReplyDeleteThe Holiday is a good chick flick!
ReplyDeleteHow To Lose A Guy In 10 Days.
ReplyDeleteVery good.
Sean
Rent or any musical.
ReplyDeleteWant a pick me up? The Holiday for sure. I really like Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, but I don't know if I'd call it a pick me up. Ha! Hmmm...Waitress! It's so empowering! and Notting Hill. Classic.
ReplyDeleteok... you've got a lot of interesting and fun movies here already, but I have to ask, have you ever seen a Bollywoood film? I suggest a bollywood/ hollywood film called Bride and Prejudice (yes, based on Pride and Prejudice) to break into the genre. My girls (14) love Hum Tum, and my favorite is I Have Found it (Kandukondain Kandukondain), which is based on Sense and Sensibility. Oh, and if you love Austin as much as I do, perhaps you'd like to see a fun chick flick about other Austin fans: The Jane Austin Book Club. It's a great chick pal story, and no one drives over a cliff in their car.
ReplyDeleteFor Romance, consider these American films:
27 Dresses
Last Chance Harvey
The Holiday
He's Just Not That Into You
Bed of Roses
Music and Lyrics
Love, Actually
Definitely, Maybe
Serendipity
PS I love you
Life or Something Like It
Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Love Actually...
ReplyDeleteSorry, I know I have more, but brain freeze has just hit.
Both Bridget Jones Movies, My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Hitch, and then classics like Jane Eyre with Orson Wells and Rebecca with Joan Fontaine. Wish I could stay in bed all weekend and watch movies, except then I would want to eat too. Couldn't do it...have fun!
ReplyDeleteHow about the older movie Fried Green Tomatoes? Or maybe the Devil Wears Prada? That's all I could think of - I must be tired!
ReplyDeletePS I love you (is awesome)
ReplyDeleteTaken (is great Not a chick flick but great)
Her Sisters Keeper (great teary movie)
Love come softly series (based on books by Janette Oke)
Not real sure what exactly your having done..surgery wise....But I do know when I had my abdominal partial hysterectomy almost two years ago .... I was up and move a bit the day after surgery..... and the second day after I was walking Alot .... it hurts at first and second LOL but it is good to get up and get movin as soon as they tell you that you can.
Will be praying for you
Keep On Keepin On
50 First Dates for SURE and I also love the movie Pleasantville. Both 'chick' flicks, both great movies that leave you feeling good!
ReplyDeleteI love Jane Austen flicks. My favorite is Persuasion - the one with Ciaran Hinds - but you have to see the humor and romance in it or you will think it is very dull and long. Also, have you seen Muriel's Wedding? It's a fun movie.
ReplyDeleteI do not usually do chick flicks but my favorite of all time is....
ReplyDeleteHope Floats - it still has humor
I love Under the Tuscan Sun. It is my all time favourite movie. Also Chocolat is a good movie. My Big Fat Greek Wedding?
ReplyDeleteMy all time favourite is my best friends wedding, i also loved marley & me and something which is a lil more dramatic is the changeling which i loved.
ReplyDeletekazz =]
Well, everyone already named some of my favorites. The Holiday (love, love, love it.) Under the Tuscan Sun
ReplyDeleteRomancing the Stone - awesome
Chocolat with Johnny Depp can't be beat
Down With Love will pick you up for sure,a must
Sabrina is perfect for recouping from surgery, the one with Harrison Ford, not the old one.
A short, sweet love story with an upbeat message about dreams is an oldie, but goodie, it's Xanadu with Olivia Newton John. This was the first movie my husband took me to see on our first date 30 years ago. Take care of yourself, there's only one of you around. Linda
The original Lonesome Dove series. :)
ReplyDeleteSteel magnolias
ReplyDeletePrincess Bride
Gone with the Wind