A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

8.03.2009

Hmm..

The day started out great with a good, healthy loss and then it went to hell in a handbasket. My mom used to use that phrase.

*$600 in car repairs--and dang, it went on the credit card because I had only budgeted for $200, which is what it would have cost had they not found other problems. grrr

*car needs new tires in a few months or so $$$

*phone ringing off the hook

*gas company showing up unexpectedly to put a new meter on and needing in the house right as I was leaving, which screwed up my produce shopping plans--no salad for dinner (Why can't they be civilized and schedule these things instead of just showing up???)

*hubby discretely putting dinner down the disposal, but not discretely enough that I didn't catch him--that really hurt my feelings, especially because I eat his stupid roasts all the time and I wouldn't be upset if I never had roast again in my life

*errands up the ying yang (another phrase my mom used to use. I don't even know what a ying yang is.)

*spent an eternity trying to find the bulb to prime the mower to get it started--and many neighbors were out. There is no bulb, just a choke. Ahem.

*everyone disappearing after dinner to hang in the basement on their computers. Sometimes I think I'd be less lonely if I wasn't married. lol I could have called up a friend, but I didn't.

*swept my kitchen floor three times because the dogs are shedding. grrr

The house just felt trashed to me, even though the kitchen was good. Hubby said, "Wow, you really got a lot done today." I looked around the messy living room and thought he was out of his mind. I guess I did get stuff done today, but not what I had planned.

*didn't exercise. Again. I sure was on the go, though.

~~~
There was one funny today, though. We picked up two new cable boxes. We ordered them when the new cable company took over, but they didn't have them available. Today they were, so we went and got them. Hubby had taken the kitchen box into our bedroom.

My son set up the new cable boxes. He was asking me where the cable was that hooked the box to the TV in the kitchen. I responded:

Your dad took the hooker into the bedroom.

Crickets.

Then we both burst out laughing. I didn't say that on purpose, it was just the idiotic thing that popped out of my mouth. And aside from the great weigh-in today, that was the highlight of my day.

Tomorrow hubby will be happy, we're having roast for dinner. :-p~~~~

16 comments:

  1. A hooker in the bedroom, eh? It's cool!
    And congrats on the weigh in.
    Too funny, Jo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi-larious. the funniest quotes happen when you didn't mean to say them...and YAY and CONGRATS and i'm JEALOUS of your weigh-in!:) woooot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-hoo. Great weigh-in! And what a day - hope tomorrow is better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn;t have let him have a hooker in the bedroom after dumping my dinner down the drain!
    : )

    ((hugs)) your day sounds about as aggravating as mine - I hate when that happens!

    On the bright side, you did have a great loss and a good laugh, so here's to today being better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol! After dinner doing down the drain, he wouldn't be getting roast or anything else for supper tonight. Maybe he'd need that hooker in the bedroom too! lol! Hope today is a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had one of those days Sunday :(

    Congrats on the loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm full of weird sayings courtesy of my family...my kids will likely carry them on later in life, too!
    lol

    Congrats on the WI.

    The hooker comment is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go on the Weigh in!

    [Love the hooker comment. priceless]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, you may not have gotten everything done that you started out to do, but you got enough done for hubby to notice! Days like that, I make a list of what I need to do, add on all the extras that I did, cross them off, and then can really see everything that I DID accomplish.

    Hooker...love that your son has such a good sense of humor as you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was thinking of up the whazoo too lol. Sounds like you had a great day really "in spite of it all". The whole hooker thing didn't hit me till I read "crickets" then it "dawned" on me lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. After dumping my dinner down the drain, when HE chose to have that dinner... I'd be telling him the only way he's getting any is a hooker, but if he gets said hooker he's dead. hahahahhahaa!!

    really, days like that happen. i have days ALL the time where I feel like I'm on pins and needles for no reason... just anxious and pissed about everything. Poor kiddo gets the brunt on those days. i'm working on it though. Anyhow... Hope you have a great tuesday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha! You're too funny! And just for the sake of argument, I'd like to point out that sometimes, a long day of housework burns just as many calories as a walk. Even if you don't necessarily sweat. It's still a workout!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol @ that phrase. really made me giggle out loud!

    *hugs*

    ooo i love a good roast!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Roast and a hooker-sweeet!! LOL

    Sorry for the craptastic day. **The sun'll come out, tooooomorrow, betcha bottom dollar-** well, you know how it goes ;)

    ReplyDelete