* Went to Harry Potter last night. Oh my gosh, was that a long movie--2 1/2 hours! Loved it, though.
* When putting jammies on last night, I reached for my new size 18s just to see. (Thrift store, new with tags, $3!!) Lo and behold, they fit comfortably. Quite a difference from my old jammy bottoms that the crotch was to my knees.
* Feeling a lot more confident. Self-esteem is soaring. I am looking at things that have been bothering me and they seem so stupid now. Developing ability to detach from toxic situations.
* Need to plan out our school year. We start September 8. We follow the local school district's schedule.
* Need to clean the living room and school room carpets.
* Son has requested an amusement park and aquatic park visit before the end of the summer. Need to accommodate him. Also want to throw in a beach-without-dogs day. Also, visit the local county fair when it starts.
* Need to get back on track with exercise.
* Need to bring to fruition all these great plans and discoveries I've made about myself.
* Need to find someone to build in my dishwasher.
* Need to nag hubby about roof/windows.
* Need to clean out my closet. I seem stuck when it comes to getting rid of the old clothes. When I get dressed in the morning and something is so large, I seem to get frustrated. Why can't the clothes shrink with me? I think this stems from the fact I'm a tightwad. I need to get rid of the too-large clothes and be done with it, though. Time to move forward.
* Need to buy some new clothes.
* Need to buy new undies. Really, it's time. They're too large.
* Need to re-evaluate my health goals. They're changing as I'm changing.
* Need to find volunteering opportunities. This is harder than it seems, as the two obvious choices where I live had nothing available when I called. If we attended church, it might be easier to find something. But we don't. I've been discussing that with my husband, the need for our son to go, but DH and I are both introverts and full of excuses. My social anxiety runs high when I think of going back.
* Need to deep clean kitchen. While have a school room, we do all our learnin' at the kitchen table.
* Need to rework our budget, pay off the car repair, and work in DS's new braces. Also need to plan for DS's upcoming birthday and Christmas.
* Need to get off my butt and computer and get going!
YAY for new jammies! Totally time to junk the old clothes!! The new you needs new fun clothes! At least a few things to get you by since you are on the way dooooown!
ReplyDeleteI love thrift store and garage sale clothes! It's so much fun to buy new smaller clothes.
ReplyDeleteJo..Donate the old clothes. say good bye to the old clothes. I know it's hard..but as long as they are there, there is always an out for you that if things get tight you can go get them and put them on instead of re-focussing.
ReplyDeleteYour list is long but I know if anyone can do it it is you..Now gettem girl!! You got the power!
omg...the extra baggy granny panty syndrome! I've been there!!!
ReplyDeleteTell ya what hon, last time I bought some undies I walked into La Vie En Rose with a tense stance and blushing face, thinking I'm wasting my money because when I get these bastards home they're not going to fit. I got home and they fit! I bought undies in a "normal" store! Buying anything from a "normal" store is the best feeling man...have fun shopping for 'roos!
"They're changing as I'm changing" So very true, so completely true.
ReplyDeleteI loved this post Jo. I love your attitude---completely love it.
My best always,
Sean
Girlfriend you go get some new things. After losing all that weight you deserve it.
ReplyDeleteI would clean out closet and get rid of all things that no longer fit.
Sounds like a fresh new start. I am ready myself. Congrats on your weight loss.
Sounds like a plan. I'm always concerned about the schools. I got myself on a volunteer list for our local school system last year, but my work schedule is so haphazard it's hard to schedule any regular activity around it. I want to contribute to making school a more rewarding experience, to round out kids' education and reduce the dropout rate.
ReplyDeleteAhhh, I love lists :)
ReplyDeleteGood stuff here woman! Have fun shopping, beaching, and volunteering :) And congrats on the new jammies!
This is such an inspiring post! How fantastic!
ReplyDelete