Weight: 231
Loss: 1 pound
This was surprising. All week I was either 232 or 231.5. I'll certainly take it!
Weigh-in on physical changes:
Wow. Lots of things were noticeable this week.
My arms--I can see my triceps and biceps and delts in the mirror when I move my arm. (Darned fat, if it weren't there I'd really be able to see them when I'm not moving!) My arms are a whole lot firmer--I mean amazingly firmer than when I started workout out.
I mentioned before I have lines in my stomach where my obliques are--faint, but I can see them. That is extending further and I can feel the firmness/tightness in my stomach--only the oblique area, though. Once again, darn fat--if only it wasn't there. lol
My legs have made a lot of changes. I can see shin bones! My calves are shaping up, my swelling is reduced in my right leg, although it's still larger than my left leg. My quads and the leg biceps (back of legs) are tight, drum tight.
My rear end and hips are firming, too.
I am amazed at the difference in my body. Granted, I am still surrounded in layers of fat, but it's exciting to see and feel changes. I am building muscle. I'm building my strength and endurance.
My husband and I were talking about this last night. He said that what is making a tremendous difference for me right now is that I found an exercise program that I love. True. I loved Richard Simmons, but this is different. It's new, and exciting, I haven't been doing it for over 20 years off and on. Also, the rebounder is wonderful. I've worked my way up to a 15-minute health bounce/light jog on it. I hop on it several times a day and bounce. I think this is why the swelling in my right leg has been reduced.
All week I was a bit frustrated with the scale, but I had to come to a conclusion. My goal is overall health. Part of that is getting my body strong. I'd rather be developing muscles and firming up, than have great losses on the scale because that is furthering my health. I was a bit shocked to see 231 on the scale this morning. 1 pound--1 pound after all that hard work. Yet I wouldn't change the firmness for anything. So I may continue to be a tortoise with slow losses, yet I know my body is getting stronger and healthier. That's what I'm aiming for. So each weigh-in day from now on, I'm going to celebrate some non-scale victory as well as what the scale says because it is a complete package.
Congrats Jo..so proud of you ..You keep going..Keep fighting..I sent you an email..Love you.
ReplyDeleteYay!! A pound loss while you're doing so much strength training is AWESOME! I know slow is frustrating, but slow is good. And all that new muscle is burning calories while you sit and type these posts. Can't beat that! :)
ReplyDeleteThat is wonderful that you can see the physical changes that are happening AND the scale is going in the right direction. Hope you have a great week Jo!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the loss, and even more importantly, on all the physical changes you can see in your body. I still remember seeing my knee bone, and being able to feel a muscle in my thigh. Those changes are so much fun to discover!!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful day!
1lb loss is a victory in the right direction :) YEAH! Celebrate it. Really, it is more important to gain health than weight loss... And once you start building muscle it can be frustrating to either see a gain a slow down with the scale. BUT there are other ways to "see" the changes and progress... Like taking your body measurments. Either way, YEAH YOU!! :)
ReplyDeleteI love your new attitude about being a complete package. Keep up the great work!
ReplyDeleteYou are doing so well, Jo - I'm thrilled for you, discovering your firm muscles!!! It's so awesome, because this is all YOU, baby - your hard work is making those muscles appear!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your 1 pound loss and newfound buffness!
ReplyDeleteWay to go!!!
Way to go on the lose and I totally agree that this is about our health not the scale. Sometimes that's hard to remember. We all want the loses quick but slow really is the way to go. Gives our bodies and minds time to adjust.
ReplyDeleteSo amazing! Seeing all those changes must really be wonderful. :) You are doing so great.
ReplyDeleteJo, I just love your attitude! You are so great!!!
ReplyDeleteWhen I can really keep it about health I am happier about the outcome, what ever the scale says.
ReplyDeleteYou are doing so great! Sorry I haven't left any comments lately, for some reason the computer wasn't letting me do that.
Keep up the good work!
Great job on your loss and what you have allomplished! You are rockin!!!
ReplyDelete- Lisa
http://inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com/
As i was reading this post i was grinning from ear to ear. I'm so proud of how far you have come :) Keep up the great job!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your loss!! Your doing such a good job!! :)
ReplyDelete