I'm like a kite. High up there. lol
Today I started feeling things more. My belly is sore. When I showered, I kind of freaked. My belly is so misshaped. It's distended but only the middle part--it's really weird looking. Plus, I have an allergy to tape and adhesive, so I have red blisters/skin irritated patches all over my belly plus from the EKG stickers. Not fun washing the residue off.
Didn't eat that much today, but I had a craving for ice cream. Real ice cream. My son made me a chocolate shake tonight that hit the spot and was absolute heaven. That's the way to indulge--not gorge, not run out and hit fast food all the time, but to have something when you really, really want it. I didn't count calories at all today, but I know I'm good. Had some toast and pasta. Carbs, carbs, carbs.
Hubby goes back to work tomorrow. I've been putzing around the house, napping, and putzing some more. Still taking the big pain pills--waiting for, um, well, um, a certain thing to happen because I think that will hurt, and then I'm going to just take the ibuprofen. Took a stool softener to help with that certain thing. ;-)
Hubby said to me I'm chatty on the blog just like I am at home while I'm "on drugs." He reads but doesn't comment on the blog. Yup--I'm chatty. But don't get used to me being on drugs because I hate being loopy. Use them when I need them, wean off as soon as possible. I don't drink either, but that's just because there are alcoholics in my family and the smell just instantly takes me to bad memories.
I was 210 pounds this morning--up 6 pounds. I'm very puffy. I have a grayish cast, which hubby noticed immediately after the surgery. I thought I looked more yellowish. I'm not normal--but then I never said I was normal. lol Drinking lots of water and diet Sierra Mist. Even had some decaf coffee today--that was heaven!
Tomorrow I really need to get some decent protein and healthy fats in.
Jo - glad you sound good!
ReplyDeleteI know about the smell of drinking.
But I've been drinking more this year than at any time in my life.
That should probably stop, eh?
Enjoy the happy!
I am glad you are up and around. The chocolate shake sounds great.
ReplyDelete