A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

5.22.2014

A Better Day

.
Today was better.  That's good.

I met my friend at the school gym. I actually got there before he did, and I hopped on the bike.  I put in 35 minutes on the bike, rode just shy of 9 miles, had an excellent calorie burn.  Then the drill sergeant made me do planks, crunches, push-ups, and flutter kicks.

Flutter kicks will be the death of me.

I muttered profanity a few times, then went beyond muttering to just outright blurting it out.  =)

I also kept saying this:  I will get better.

Tonight I went for a half hour walk.  I logged just shy of 15,000 steps.  Had a great calorie burn for the day.

Food was interesting.  I had 360 calories for breakfast and didn't eat until after 3.  I went to Chipotle, and figured my meal was 900 calories.  That's a lot.  However, it was so filling that I didn't eat dinner.  I did eat a snack and came in at 1460 calories for the day.

Attitude was better, although not perfect.  I'm not perfect nor do I have to be.

Two steps forward!

2 comments:

  1. What a great day. Your exercise level is beyond impressive. Chipotle is hands down my favorite restaurant. And it's so easy to go a little high there-- but as you said, it stays with you...Good food, satisfying--filling.
    I love your attitude too... don't have to be perfect, ever. I know it's not gonna happen for me and besides, what is "perfect" anyway? It's relative to our perspective. From my perspective, you had a pretty "perfect" day. Thank you Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just read this post after reading your more recent post. that I commented.. OF COURSE, you are hurting after all of this exercise. That is just what happens. I'm hurting more because I'm doing more. don't let it stop you

    ReplyDelete