A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

4.19.2009

I Can Do That

I was reading blogs today, and I cannot remember who wrote about making weekly goals, but I had been thinking of doing that, too. Maybe my first goal should be on memory work.

I'm going to call my weekly goals my "I Can Do That's" because I really like that phrase.

So my ICDT for this week:

Exercise every day for at least 30 minutes.


You on a Diet recommends walking 30 minutes daily. Well, I like doing exercise videos better. Plus, when I walk Pip, he stops and we have to train a bit along the way so I can't keep my heart rate up. So, I can do both.

I know I need to add in strength training, but for now, I'm going to plan on making this exercise thing a habit. I NEED to for my health. Just like taking a shower every day, exercise is a must, too. (Oprah said that ages ago, and I've always remembered it, but it's time to put it to action.)

6 comments:

  1. That's a great goal for this week!! I need to think up something for this week too.
    I like your ICDT phrase too, I think it's very empowering :)

    I've been trying to make exercise into a habit too. I think it's definitely one of the best things we can do for our bodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, weekly goals, huh? Good idea and I like the ICDT catchphrase!

    OK, I am with you on the daily exercise - home DVD workout for me tonight too.

    Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! It was me Jo. I wrote about that. It's so exciting that someone thought my idea was good. Good goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good goal. Exercise is my weakest link in my new way of life (don't want to call it a diet). I just haven't developed the habit.
    I like thinking of it as necessary as a shower. That's good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you! My goal is to do an exercise dvd every day this week (30 day shred)! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goal is to set goals :D

    I can do that! good catch phrase... very catchy but motivational too :D

    ReplyDelete