A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

4.19.2009

Why is it?

Why is it...

That when I buy frozen chicken breasts, they're either tiny weighing in at under 3 ounces or they're huge? Tonight's breasts all weighed 7 ounces. I had points for that much chicken, and I saw they were big and thawed three anyway, but why is there no consistency?

That my hubby decided to re-caulk the bathtub today? I guess it's a good thing, but we won't be able to shower in there for a few days and I haven't cleaned the dungeon--er, basement bath. Why didn't he do it while I was gone? Or give me notice? Sheesh, I b*tch when he's accomplishing something on my long honey-do list.

That on yahoo groups and various places on the internet, people want to loose weight? Now I want my clothes to be loose, but I don't want my weight to be loose. (Just a pet peeve of mine! lol)

That every time I decide to wash all my bedding, including the comforter, one of my two cats throws up on the bed? I washed the whole works today and I'm in that bedroom every ten minutes checking...so far so good, but the night's not over yet. If they don't today, it will be a first in a year. They normal routine is I wash all the bedding, one of them does its thing, and then I have to wash the bedding again. Then we're good to go until next time. (Comforter, not sheets, that is.)

That I have a sit-down discussion with my family about nutrition, talking about the long-lasting effects on our health, that no one seems to listen? By no one, I mean the hubby. Tonight we had steamed chicken breasts, rice and salad. My husband gets up and pours a gallon (well, not quite) of Ranch dressing all over his rice and chicken, and my son grabs the bottle. I get to be the mean mom and say you may pour a small amount on the side and dip your food into it. grrr My son was shocked to learn that 2 tbls of Ranch dressing contains 11 grams of fat.

That my husband complains about menus, wanting his own food, we work out a good compromise, and then he agrees to everything on the menu and doesn't want his own food? Then he'll swipe my thawing hamburger and grill some burgers, or say "let's wing it tonight" because he doesn't want what's on the menu? Today I made the menu, showed it to him, asked him what he wanted from the store and which item he didn't want to eat. Watch, he'll do it this week. lol

I have to laugh at my why-is-it list today. It's my way of laughing at myself and all the silly things that make me ponder during the course of a day.

6 comments:

  1. Okay, I totally hear you about the cats puking on the clean bedding! Auurgh, that drives me crazy! I cover our bed with a ratty old fleece blanket as a sort of barrier against hairballs, but the cats still manage to wriggle the blanket around and soil the duvet cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is it that some of the girls are getting ready for their 'weight in'? Drives me batty! It's a weigh in ladies! Wow! I feel better! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your family gets more supportive in time! I bet they will when they get more used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say throw that ranch out the window! lol :) I think its cute that your son was shocked at the fat content! lol You are training him well! :)

    :)tj

    ReplyDelete
  5. cat puke makes me furious. Fur. i. ous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eurgh @ the cat part!

    And theres how much fat in a tbls of ranch dressing? *shocked face here*

    ReplyDelete