1. I bit the bullet and spent $15 to upgrade my calendar. I will go from 3000 free hits to 13000. That should more than cover things. It's too cluttered to have a month's worth of exercise in text on the sidebar, I think. I spent my online time this morning searching for another calendar, but didn't find one I liked as well. Cha-ching.
2. When Weight Watchers drops your points, be prepared for a mental battle of great magnitude. I obsessed about food all day yesterday. I was starving. After I hit my 30 points last night, I was starving. I thought I'd go crazy if I didn't have something to eat, that I would faint from low blood sugar. Ahem. (eye roll!) I went to bed, got up, went back to bed, got up again. Finally, I drank a glass of tomato juice, which I am supposed to count as points, but don't. It's thick and filling. It did the trick.
It's a mental thing, and I know it. I wasn't really hungry, I was just pouting that they took three points away. Take one or two, that wouldn't be so bad. But three?
Gee, I just won't let this drop!
I can whine with the best of them!
DS is doing independent work now, so I'm going to go exercise. I won't be able to upload it into my upgraded calender until tomorrow, because they take 24 hours to verify my credit card. Wish I would have done that last night instead, as I like instant gratification.
All I can say is... I bet you can find ways to cut 3 points without actually sacrificing "how much" you are eating. Cut back on things like, cheese, oils, um... butter, dressings, etc... Instead of 1 servings of cheese, I use 1/4- 1/2 of a serving. It can cut anywhere from 1- 1 1/2 pts off of my meal. I don't count my oils (except dressing) because i don't really use them like I'm suppose to. Just really take a look at things and ask yourself. Do i really need 2pts worth of cheese. or change your cheese... i now use feta every chance I get because it's full of flavor (more than chedder) and 2tbs of the iind I buy is 1 pt. It's more than enough for flavor.. where as 2tbs of chedder... what's the point. Anyhow... you can do this for everything from sauces to pasta's to meat. I bet you can cut the 3pts without cutting your "how much" you eat. :) It's all about learning. learn what makes you happy... And then you won't be so hungry. I have faith you can work this out without cutting back on your portions of the biggies, like meat. :)
ReplyDeleteNothing like a good "whine" to go with your meal, is there? Stinks when you've had points taken away, but that only means you're doing well, doesn't it? Take heart from that. It's better than having them add points.
ReplyDeleteI think Jules had some great ideas about cutting points. I don't do WW so I'm no help to ya. I'm sorry I didn't pipe up yesterday though about the exercise calendar. Not sure you've ever noticed but I have a Food and Exercise Journal clickable on my sidebar which takes you to my exercise blog (not tracking food these days). Anyway, it's free and then people can look at it all they want. Sounds like though you've already spent for the calendar and $15 isn't to bad for a whole year and you're use to it already.
ReplyDeleteI'm okay losing the points, I know where to shave them, I was just shocked it was 3 whopping points all at once. Thanks for the advice, everyone!
ReplyDeleteI just clicked on the food and exercise, and it was password protected. I thought of doing several things, like linking to a static post or doing a side bar in text, but it was just too cluttered. I figure since I'm not going to meetings and WWOnline is much cheaper, I'd bite the bullet and keep the calendar that I really like. In the future when I have time, I may make a static post and type it all up so I can see it on one page.
If you eat more fruit and vegetables, surely you won't be hungry? I don't really know, since I'm not that familiar with WW, but I know that when I eat a lot of fruit and veggies, I'm satisfied all the time.
ReplyDeleteWould you like some cheese with that whine? (too bad... you can't have any).
ReplyDeleteI'm with Hanlie; fruits and veggies stay with you longer and keep you feeling full.
It's tough sledding, but you can do it...
I lost a point this week too (well I only lost one!) but you are right, even one point is a mental battle! I started with 36 and am now down to 32, luckily I've been losing them slowly. When I get close to losing one, I start to pre-plan what one point item I am going to drop, or what I am going to make a smaller portion out of, so I dont even notice!
ReplyDelete