A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

5.14.2009

Stuff

While working out today, there was a spot where you bend down and then up...I noticed my girls were a little too free. The whole workout I felt a little too loose and wiggly. Time to tighten up the bra. (Sorry, guys, TMI I know.) lol I started this journey thinking I'd be cut in half by that torture contraption. I'm not ready to change sizes yet, but it's lovely to have to tighten 'er up.

I did Sweatin' to the Oldies 2 again today. It has a toning section in it. Can that count as toning? Do I have to do another video? It also has great warm-up stretches. I think this is my favorite of his videos just for the great warm-up. Translation: I was too tired to do a toning video! It does have toning and I did use weights, not pop bottles. Does it count?

I'm really resisting this toning business. I just want to do my sweatin' videos and be done.

I did not get my veggies in today and probably won't. It's a Taco Bell night. 1 bean burrito and one taco, either crunchy or regular. Actually, I have points for 2 tacos. I don't think that iceberg lettuce on two tacos counts as a veggie, darn it. lol

I did my workout today and we have obedience class tonight, which basically means another hour of walking, about-turns, turn-arounds, stopping, running, walking slow, squatting down to pet the puppy. I really work hard at this class and I sweat. (Ang, I don't wear makeup to this class, but I did my hair pretty.) Does that count as more activity points so I can get that second taco without guilt?

In all honesty here, I'm stressing about my fruits/veggies and toning. While I'm on program by eating the correct amount of points, I am technically not on program because I'm not eating healthfully--I eat lots of fiber, lean and low-fat, but dang it all, those veggies.

I think I really need to get serious and give myself a lecture. My goal is health, and I'm not getting the nutrients from whole foods that I need. Sure, I take a vitamin and fish oil and vitamin E and C daily, but that's not good enough. And it's not as if those veggies are going to take points away from me. I'm a smart cookie, I know how to make a full-volume meal with as few as possible points, why can't I just incorporate more of the good stuff to go with it?

I have to give this a lot of food for thought. Same with the toning stuff. I find it boring. It hurt. I didn't like my arms feeling like they had weights in them, it wasn't pleasant. No pain, no gain. If I build those muscles up, especially the big muscles, I'll build up my metabolism. I know all that stuff.

I need to get my sh*t together.

I'm starting to make excuses in my mind, and that's not a good thing. Gotta nip that stinking thinking in the bud.

11 comments:

  1. Excuses go first, then the pounds.

    Stick with it, and get that sh*t together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will grow to like strength training as you gain strength. I'm still working just with resistance bands, but I have noticed a difference.

    Training class counts as activity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always hated toning, too. I just find it incredibly boring...would rather be dancing around. But I know it has to be done. You'll be glad you did when everything tightens up instead of flopping around! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm I guess weight exercises aren't exactly 'fun' to do. I take group lessons (Body Pump) with a gym buddy and I think it's a little better than doing it on my own, with the up-beat music and shouts coming from behind me (I don't shout with them but they always make me grin).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay..I'm issuing you a personal challenge..I'm going to give you time to think about this and respond.

    Next week.

    Monday-Sunday..Eat 6 veggies and 4 fruits per day. Remember 1/2 c veggies unless lettuce equals 1 serving and most fruits with the exception of bananas 1/2 c equals serving. I'm going to do this too..Okay? We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Strength training will get addictive....or so I hear. :) The puppy class is indeed activity. I hope you both do well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great way to get fruit and veggies (which are vital for health as all diseases, including obesity, are basically caused by a fruit-and-vegetable-deficiency)is to have a green smoothie (or more) per day.

    Here's a link to tell you more... http://www.greenforlife.com/ode.htm

    ReplyDelete
  8. STTO2 is my FAVORITE! As you look at my calendar (By the way, I loved yours so much I just had to get my own :) you will probably see that I do it a lot. I like it because of the toning (yes I count that as toning) and that it is just a super workout for me. I'm with you during wendy. Some days I want to cry!

    Ok, about the veggies. I too am horrible about this. Every day I have veggie exchanges left. I have a hard time eating them because I really don't like them much. I am trying though. So know that you are not alone! :) Maybe we should have a veggie challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am loving the strength training - it has given me such a kick to see muscles developing and I love being stronger!

    Know what you mean about the veggies - I make a lot of huuuge salads for my lunches and try to have loads of veggies with my main eve meal. I don't have much fruit really, apart from my morning breakfast one.

    I too need to add more smoothies and home-made soups to my diet. Let's do it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Veggies/fruits are a challenge for me too. I feel your pain, sister. My little food journal even has places for me to check off the servings as I eat. need to start doing that.

    You'll enjoy toning as you get stronger. At least I think so. :) Just keep it up. Like I tell my kids when it comes to running: you don't have to like it; just do it! You'll have plenty of time to complain later but just get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm trying to find ways to get more veggies into my meals, too. I'm having whole wheat spaghetti for supper tonight, and I decided to cook some zucchini slices in with the pasta. And I'm adding a can of diced tomatoes to the spaghetti sauce.

    And speaking of zucchini... I have a great recipe for zucchini fries that I'm probably going to post on my blog today. I've been craving them for the past two weeks... and I've been making them and eating them every few days. lol

    Also, I like to add shredded carrots and celery to my tuna salad when I make it for lunch. And I usually put some fresh spinach on the sandwich, too. In fact, I put fresh spinach on almost every sandwich I eat. Sauteed spinach is good in scrambled eggs, too.

    ReplyDelete