A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

5.03.2009

Decisions, Decisions

The ^&*# boil burst early this evening. Sorry, I know it's gross for me to talk about such things. It was gross. My sweet husband helped me clean up, I used Hibicleanse (I think that's the name of it, it's what they use in hospitals) and dressed it.

The big question: Should I call the doctor tomorrow about it anyway? It was big and bad. I don't know if it will heal on its own or if I need antibiotics. I've been told by a dermatologist years ago I am a staph carrier, and I would imagine this was a staph infection. Who knows. What would you guys do?

It sure feels a million times better. I should be able to exercise again tomorrow, whew. At least I can walk through my house now without wincing in pain.

~~~~

I have decided to make an appointment with the doctor my son is going to go to later this month. I don't know her from Adam, but I have friends who love her. I think a woman may be more compassionate and sympathetic about female issues than a man. I hate to say that, I'm not sexist, but I fear it may be true.

~~~

We skipped what we were supposed to have for supper tonight. DH bought hot dogs and wanted those. I wanted comfort food. So I made myself homemade mac and cheese and a chicken breast. It was good, but it really wasn't comforting in the way it used to be. It was just a food I liked. Maybe that's a good thing, because I didn't crave an entire stock pot full of the stuff.

~~~~

Through the crappy weekend, I stayed within points. I didn't get enough veggies in, but at least I didn't turn to food for comfort.

I don't know what the scale will bring tomorrow morning. I haven't weighed myself the last couple days. I'm carrying water, so who knows. It doesn't matter what the scale says, though, because I look to the big picture. Everything I do is healthier than before, and I'm working hard at improving my health.

Now it's time for bed.

7 comments:

  1. (((((hugs and love)))))) make the appointment to get the bugger looked at..Better be safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((((HUGS))))

    Probably should go to the doctor and get some antibiotics. It could get serious if you don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely get the doc to have a look at it. Better to nip it in the bud now.... then to have a bigger problem later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't offer any advice since I am a freak when it comes to doctors (haven't been to a doctor in almost 10 years), but I sure am glad you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should make a appointment to see the doctor, just to be on the safe side. My daughter is also a staph carrier and had MRSA about a year ago after she fell on her knees. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just catching up. I'm impressed that you were able to stay within points through all of that!

    You are wise to make an appointment to get the wound checked out, just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad the boils gone. They are frickin' nasty man! I echo what Ang said, it's better to be safe than sorry. Definitely get it checked out.

    Kudos on staying with in points. I can not say the same for my weekend....

    ReplyDelete