A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

5.08.2009

I'm Goofy


I've got the giggles. I'm very tired, trying to relax a bit before heading off to bed. I was just reading TJ's blog, where she posted the picture of "that" and how creepy and scary it is. I so get that. When I first saw "that" I stared at it for about five minutes, blew it up as large as I could, trying to figure out what it was. I still don't know.
Then I got the giggles, and then they got loud. I woke up my son. That's how GOOFY I am. He came out and looked at the picture, rolled his eyes and said, "I know it looks like an alien, but MOM, it's photoshopped." Then he went back to bed.
He took all my tired fun away. I was really laughing about this. All because I read TJ's reaction to it, and I had the SAME reaction the first time I saw it, fearing it could sneak into my house or something.
I then left a stupid and goofy comment on her blog. TJ, congrats on reaching 100 posts. "That" is not your prize. I was just kidding. Forgive me for being tired and silly.
~~~~
In other goofy news, we had our dog obedience class tonight. The teacher didn't show, so the assistant taught the class. Um, no comment. lol Before class, I mentioned that there is an Olive Garden in this town, and since it's my favorite restaurant in the world, we could eat there tonight instead of Taco Bell and celebrate Mother's Day early. Everyone agreed.
After class, my husband pipes up and says: "We can't go to the Olive Garden, we just bought dog food, a new long-line leash, a new water dummy and I don't want to spend the money."
I didn't say a word.
I was driving. Guess--just guess where we ate dinner?
The great news? I ordered my favorite, Cheese Ravioli. I had a large salad with dressing on the side, one breadstick, and by the time I had eaten half the ravioli on my plate, I was STUFFED. I was floored. My stomach must be smaller. I had enough points to eat the whole thing, but I couldn't! This is an absolute first. I used to put away the entire ravioli, a salad, and tons of breadsticks.
I recognized I was full, I stopped eating and got a doggie bag to bring it home. So lunch or dinner tomorrow.
I told my husband after dinner that this is how skinny people live. (I assume.) They enjoy great food that they love from time to time, but they are not gluttons. This is how I want to live the rest of my life, not only recognizing when I'm full, but actually stop eating when I'm full. How cool is that!


11 comments:

  1. I'm amazed at how quickly I get full too.
    I totally feel like a skinny chick when I request a to go box for HALF of my food.

    Good job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done at the restaurant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! You passed the restaurant test ;) I sometimes have a hard time eating at a restaurant, like it it going to be my last meal or something, when it so obviously isn't!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on doing so well at the Olive Garden!!! And congrats for going to Olive Garden even when hubby said no hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *high fives* to being full! Man, I wish I could do that more often. Especially when I'm eating out... I feel like I'm wasting my money if I don't eat it y'know? Bah stoopid attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome on asking for a doggie bag home :) Your doing great Keep On Keepin On

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for shrinking stomachs!! I get the giggles like that sometimes too, and the first time I saw that picture, it cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so proud of you..you are making amazing progress

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just great - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You go Jo! Love that you went ahead to Olive Garden!!! Great job on recognizing fullness - that is such a great step toward weight control!

    ReplyDelete