Pip is half brother to each of the big boys. He shares the same mom as Tesla, the paint, and the same dad as Apollo, the tri.
This is my baby, Pip. He's our third border collie, intended to be mine, all mine. Of course he loves everyone, but he is my boy. He's seven months old now! Where does time go? This little guy came to us in February and it was the pictures taken of us together on arrivial day that awoke me to start this journey. I give him all the credit for my success.
Today I gave the little guy a run for his money. We went to the lake this morning and played and played. We walked knee-deep in the water for 20 minutes. Then we played fetch, with me throwing the dummy. The whole family went, and we each had a dog. He's learning to swim like his big brothers. A nice family sat on the bench directly behind us and watched us. Normally that would bother me, but they had a young son that was just so happy and grinning ear to ear. I kept hearing him say look at that doggie! Look at the other doggie. lol
We got home, changed, dried off and the dogs rested. Then hubby took them out and played fetch in the back yard. They do that a couple times a day--the boys love it. Hubby also took all three for a long morning walk, one at a time.
Tonight I hadn't formally exercised. So I leashed Pip up and off we went. We went to one of the oldest neighborhoods in our town and walked. I enjoyed daydreaming of days gone by while looking at all the old houses. Pip was a little angel and walked perfectly. We walked for 33 minutes. It was a perfect evening.
When we got home, Pip got his water and plopped on the floor. He is dog tired.
I got out of the house three times today: to lake, to Wal-Mart and then for the walk. It's good for me to get out of the house. In fact, I was feeling an anxiety attack coming up before I took the walk, which was the main reason I went. Gone, I walked through it. Yay.
I love my dogs.


Your babies are beautiful! I love border collies - they are so expressive and SMART!
ReplyDeleteyay for walking through your attack! that's great! what a great day!
ReplyDeletewhat lovely looking dogs :D
ReplyDelete*high fives* to getting out three times. walking it off oh yeah.
Beautiful Doggies! Great job getting out walking!
ReplyDeleteAwwww....cute pups!! My sister has an almost 4 year old Border Collie named Maeby. They are very smart and loving dogs.
ReplyDeleteAwww! Your doggies are so pretty! Like you, I am partial to border collies ;)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had an awesome day.
Thanks for the shoutout!