A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

8.02.2009

Sunday Snoozing

I had a rough day yesterday. I just felt like crap the whole day. I didn't do a thing. My eating was horrible--within points, but not balanced. (Popcorn and Cabot's reduced fat cheddar for supper!!!) I forgot vegetables existed. I came in 2 points under target, though. Not good, but not the end of the world, either.

I think I was just tired. Two weekends ago I had the surgery, last weekend we did that massive amount of work--and this weekend it just all caught up with me. So, I did nothing, watched a few movies, lied in bed and rested. It felt good. I slept late this morning, which also felt good.

Today I'm feeling much better. Have done a little housework, caught up on blogs, and am about to start working on the house again. My husband has been busy at work cutting a hole in our siding, scaring me! He's replacing our back door with a larger door. We've had the new door in our garage waiting for a year or two. It was a task that scared him, too.

I need to hit the grocery store. My list is made. I need to workout today. It's warmer, so I don't know if I'll walk or pop in a Richard Simmons video. I also need to sit down and work out a strength training schedule with the videos I have. I also need to set some new mini-goals, my I-Can-Do-That's. I haven't done one of those for awhile.

I plan on making baked ziti for supper. I want to tell my family how much I love and appreciate them. Jen's mom's death really touched me, as it did the entire weight-loss blogging community. I was so impressed with all the posts reaching out to her and the comments on her blog. I have always known this is a great online community.

Life is precious.

11 comments:

  1. Some days are just rough, and there is nothing you can do about it...Hope you feel better today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some times I forget vegetables exist too.. lol!
    You got to rest sometimes, missus or you will crash and burn. You have been super busy of late so don't stress over mooching on a sunday (sundays were meant for snoozing)

    Bring on the I-CAN-DO-THATS.

    Life is indeed precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a day off is exactly what you needed. How different are we now, once upon a time, a dreadful day of eating would be really dreadful. Nowadays, we are on target and annoyed with ourselves for not eating vegetables!

    Love the idea of the lists, must think of mine too. Great prompt.

    Still terribly sad for Jen, it has shaken us all I think, how quickly lives can be turned upside down.

    Hope you continue to get better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is precious because the people we love are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you took a day to rest - it still is really soon after your surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have done a lot----------a day of rest was in line! Rest is important. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're feeling better. There's nothing wrong with a little r&r every now and again.

    I have to admit, Jen's mom's death shook me up quite a bit. Last summer my own mother tried to take her life and it was a complete reminder of everything I felt in that moment. I feel so terribly sad for Jen and her family and hope that they can continue on for their own sake. Life is precious indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are feeling so much better. The death of Jen's mother was a wake-up call to me to call the people I love today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some days it's just tough to get the mojo-machine cranked up.

    Hang in there...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are having a better day!! I need to make some goals as well...I haven't done that in awhile :)
    Enjoy your family and ziti (YUM!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here's to having a good day ;)
    Somedays just don't go the way we want them to, but if you keep trying you definitely get back to where you want to be!!

    ReplyDelete