I've been praying in every lucid moment...Thank you, God.
I'm home. I'm on drugs, so I'm wonky, but I'm home.
My bladder was adhered to my uterus.
Doc removed an ovarian cyst from both ovaries.
I had a tubal ligation.
Um...I know there's more, the nurse was telling me about adhesions but I was on drugs. Hubby just referred to the bladder adhesion, which the nurse did not.
I'll get more out of this when I go back to visit the doctor July 1. I'll know more then.
I am SO thankful. I'm hoping my pain will be gone. In fact, I was in less pain all day today when drugs were wearing off than I was when I had my high pain days. I felt better. When I woke up I thought, "This is it for pain? I did insist on pain meds for the drive home though.
Also had a good anesthesiologist. He pushed tons of anti-nausea drugs. I always throw up after surgery. I didn't this time. No, this time I waited until the nurse had wheeled me into the lobby and I threw up in front of everyone. When I do it, I do it right. lol (So embarrassing.)
Was so proud I didn't get sick in the car. Last time I did after we drove 100 feet. That made my hubby gag, my son gag, because it's gross. Well, once again I did it in style. When we were blocks away from home, I started throwing up in the car. I thought hubby was going to lose it, but he didn't.
Sheesh.
I am feeling more positive and hopeful and excited. Any time I get validated--yes, there was a reason for all that pain--I just feel a little less, well, crazy. I guess when my doctor made that comment that surgery may just be therapeutic, he planted doubt seeds in me. I know my body, I knew that pain was real, I just need to trust myself more.
The funniest thing that happened? Got home to discover the cat got sick on my bed--the bed with the clean sheets and comforter all ready for me. Good grief! So I have been snoozing on the love seat and need to get my nurses to change my sheets. lol I told hubby that was going to happen. I was right. I love my 16-year-old cat anyway.
Thank you so much for the prayers and well wishes. I hope once I'm mended I can start giving back and being more supportive. I miss that. I just needed to take care of me for awhile, though.
Jo, who left the house weighing 204 and came home at 210 pounds!!! lol
Forget about the scales for a while -
ReplyDeleteOnce you get back on track,
you are going to own this place!
Glad you are home, and get well soon!
Yea!!! So glad your home and can already feel a difference! Fer reals, take it easy-screw the scale right now! Like Anne said-once you're back on track, you are going to own it!! "Hello DVD's"!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are home babe..Congrats on feeling better.
ReplyDelete