I have craved a few things since starting this journey: Pasta and milk. I love both.
I have had both since starting up. I usually get 3 milk servings a day, and pasta at least once a week. It stinks, though, that pasta is so high in points.
Well, I just spent $27.99 and made my husband mad. lol I was looking at Hungry Girl and noticed a review on Fiber Gourmet pasta. Tastes like the real thing, but 40% fewer calories? No way...but yes, at least they say so. I'll be judging that shortly.
It's expensive. For my $27.99 I get six 8-ounce boxes of pasta. Two penne, two fettuccine and two rotini. In the future, I can see myself using penne and fettuccine more. When I cook a pasta dish, I'll have to make two: one for my guys and one for me. They can afford the higher calories.
I pulled my box of Barilla Plus Rotini off the shelf for a comparison. I don't use this often, but have it on hand if I have a pasta craving.
2 ounces is 210 calories, 2 fat grams and 4 fiber grams.
By comparison, Fiber Gourmet is:
2 ounces is 130 calories, 1 fat gram and 18 fiber grams.
Wow, I'll get almost twice as much bang for my buck with this.
I hope it's good. I'll do a review as soon as it arrives. I hope it's worth the money.
I'm glad you posted on this. I bought a bag of this at the health food store a few weeks ago and I forgot about it! I've not tried it yet either. I use Ronzoni Smart Pasta as I just don't really like whole wheat pasta. It's got 3 points for a 2 oz serving and enough calcium to count as a milk if you need it to. I also love milk and get 3 a day.
ReplyDeleteI love pasta :D
ReplyDeletehad too much this week though...
I look forward to hearing about your review, sounds good.
ReplyDeleteHi Jo,
ReplyDeleteI love pasta too! I am looking forward to your reviews on the new product too!