A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

5.03.2009

Discouraged

Another bad day.

WARNING: This is definitely a TMI post. Skip on by if you don't need to know personal details of my woes including female stuff, blood and gore.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This boil throbs, burns and hurts like holy hell. I can't sit on the toilet, even, as the boil hits the seat. I've done the heat pack to draw the infection out, but it's not working. I'm too afraid to lance it on my own because I'm afraid of infection. And I don't want to go into a walk-in clinic today because...

It's close to, well, the private area. And I am bleeding like a gusher. And I couldn't handle it if I had to go pantless in front of anyone in the condition I am in, because I'm so heavy that I'd be afraid of a leak, or odor, or whatever.

I will call my doctor's office tomorrow. I should be lighter. I can't stand the pain this stupid boil is giving me. If it were located anywhere else, it wouldn't be so bad, but I can't walk as it rubs on my other leg. Forget about exercising today, sigh. I know I need antibiotics.

Cramps are severe today.

Something's got to give. These periods are awful, from the PMS to the extremely heavy flow. (I bled so heavily last night that I soaked my sheets.) And I always get a boil with each period, but never like this one. I need help.

The last time I had a physical I brought it up to my doctor. I started in on all the problems I was having and his response: Really? I thought they were supposed to get better as you got older.

I like this doctor in so many ways, I really do. He was there for me and helped me out with my panic situation. He's not listening to me about "the pain" I have which he pointed out was in my bowel, and about the period issues. The periods are affecting the quality of my life. You can see it in this blog, how weird I get the preceding week. The pain, the pain, the pain.

He never once told me I was pre-diabetic. I found that out when I couldn't get into him and had to see another doctor for a sinus infection I had. That guy looked at my chart, announced I was pre-diabetic, and then we had a nice, long talk about Neti pots. (They are wonderful, if you haven't tried one.)

These periods make me feel crazy, and I just don't need that. Not crazy, but unbalanced. And I'm not, I just am having severe surges of hormones or whatever and it's not pretty.

So I could go back to my doctor. I will try to get in to see him tomorrow to lance this thing, but he's probably booked and I'll get whomever.

My son has an appointment later this month with a new doctor, a woman. She used to work where my doctor does, but she and another doc broke away so they could have more control of what they did. I could go to her. I don't know what to do, but I have to do something.

Last night I started crying hard because of all this. My husband was sitting next to me and I told him that this touches everyone in the family, that my life is basically crap for a week, week and a half every stinking month. (I used a stronger word than stinking. lol)

There. I feel a bit better just getting it off my chest. Who in their right mind shares such intimate details on their blog? I'm half embarrassed to do so, but I don't have anyone in real life to discuss this with that is available this weekend.

Wah.

3 comments:

  1. You should definately get a new Dr. an OBGYN preferably. :) LOL i used to have horrible horrible (pre baby era) PMS symptoms and I started using progesterone (sp?) cream from the health food store... OMG! I was a new woman! Since having my kiddo I haven't had the same type of symptoms or pain so I've had no use for it. But... I've been considering getting back on it these last few months for various reasons. It's worth checking into to regulate your hormones.

    No matter what... change your Dr. he should be listening to you. And if he's only a GP... he just may not have enough training in the specialty of OBGYN. as we hit certain ages (child bearing or menopause or even pre-menopause) some GP's just can't help any more. I had one and when i hit 28, he told me to get a OBGYN because I was just getting to that age where kids were probably going to be something coming into the picture and I should build that relationship... thank god he did. I LOVE MINE!! My mom had the same (she's 50) her GP noticed she was getting pre-menopausal and sent her to an OBGYN for all her girly stuff because he just didn't have the training to help her in that department. i fully believe some GP's have the ability to help us and others don't. It all depends on their own personal training and in depth knowledge. i also believe Dr's are human and don't always wnt to admit they can't help us the way they need to when it's something "we" might feel they should. Anyhow... i stayed on that soap box WAY too long.

    As per the boil... any good Dr can help you with that :)

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweety you need to go to the dr. and get this checked into..no more postponing. please. tomorrow morning make an appointment. I'm worried about you..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you for posting it!
    I'm sorry to hear you get in such a bad way with your periods. They suck enough with out extra problems! Mine's been missing for 5 months... *hugs*

    I hope you do go and get some help and it gets sorted out soon. Not fun at all.

    ReplyDelete