A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

5.08.2009

Off Days

Ever have a day where you just feel off?

Yesterday was my day. I was just annoyed with everything, yesterday. Until dinner, that is.

I'm just about to go exercise, and I decided since I was being snitty yesterday, that I would do Dance Your Pants Off again. I won't woo with them, because I'm a quiet person and don't woo--but I do woo-hoo on comments!--and I'll enjoy the routine. Because it is good.

So my lesson learned is this: Don't do anything other than the Sweatin' 1-4 on days that I'm just annoyed. The other days I'm good. lol

The other lesson learned is this: Yesterday I was annoyed at MYSELF and projecting it on to everything else.

All day, until dinner. I was annoyed that I volunteered to help at the book sale at the library Saturday afternoon, because I'd rather not. I was annoyed that I am not doing my housework like I used to. I've gone from an immaculate home to a clean-but-messy-at-the- moment home. (Well, actually it needs its weekly cleaning, but...) I'm annoyed that my wound is still weeping. I'm annoyed that only Flex Band-Aids stick without adding medical tape, and I'm out of those because I was too lazy to go to the store. I'm annoyed that I cannot multi-task. I'm annoyed at myself for getting so unhealthy.

So I had my pouty, snitty day yesterday. Today I have taken action to give myself an attitude adjustment. I've been cleaning, I've been getting some things done that needed done. We're about done with school for the day. So it's better.

I'm not annoyed anymore.

8 comments:

  1. ((((Jo))))
    Small steps and huge heart..you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo what Ang said.

    Some days are just like that. You sound like you're handling it well. Lessons learned and all that jazz. Sorry to hear about your wound. It sounds well nasty. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, some days it seems all I do is procrastinate or spin my wheels. Usually thre's a reason tired, or something liek that1 And sure have a good reason for having an off day. good for you, to pull yourself right out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you get ticked off or annoyed, just do what I do: kick the dog, get in a shoving match with a neighbor, knock over a 7-11... okay, maybe it's not such a good idea to do what I do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you visited me on my blog and that you left a comment. That has lead me here, and I will definitely visit again!

    All the best with your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. (shhh, don't tell anyone, but I was a total misery yesterday as well!)

    Hope you feel better today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL. That was me on Thursday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally have off days like that. I hope today is going better!

    ReplyDelete