A health, fitness, and weight-loss story.

3.22.2009

My Attempt at a Breakfast Cookie


Well, here it is, my attempt at a breakfast cookie. Actually, my son made this. He used the recipe and made two cookies for 3 points each instead of 1 cookie for six. He added more chocolate chips to his cookie, but I thought the amount was good in mine.
Consistency: Not quite there. Not soft, like a store-bought cookie. Not smooth, either. It was just okay. I was out of applesauce, so we used NF yogurt instead. That might have changed the flavor a bit. I think next time I'd add a bit more Splenda as well.
I'm not that good in a kitchen, and I don't know how to tweak this to make it better. I'd like a version closer to store bought.

Breakfast Cookie

POINTS® Value: 6 Servings: 1

Ingredients
1/3 cup(s) uncooked oatmeal
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/3 cup(s) non-fat instant dry powdered milk
1/4 cup(s) unsweetened applesauce
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp Sucralose (Splenda)
1 tbsp semisweet chocolate candy

Instructions
1 Preheat oven to 350F.
2 Spray cookie sheet with baking spray.
3 Mix all ingredients together.
4 Spoon 1 large mound on the baking sheet.
5 Bake 15-20 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your post on my blog. The cookie looks good to me. If you haven't taken a look at my protein bars maybe they are something you and your son might like, kind of like a really dense cake.

    From reading a post you did a few days ago I agree that the weight is definitely a mental thing. I think it's tough for a lot of people to come to that realization. We definitely have to fix our minds as well as our bodies or we won't ever be able to keep the weight off.

    Good to have you here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute looking cookie! :D
    Haven't had them in forever...

    ReplyDelete